Quote:
Originally posted by Skyliner:
................., on the other hand, keep in mind that combined use of different learning channels ("organic" learning) is likely to improve your results, especially since transfer between learning channels is not necessarily trivial, even if the activities involved are similar (Lindsley 1995).

For this reason, I would suggest you not to rely that much on the myth of photographic memory and find out which is your own style.

Good luck!

PS
If you want to train your memory, may I suggest a multimedia trainer called VTrain (Vocabulary Trainer), available from http://www.vtrain.net/home.htm
Skyliner, many thanks for the Bibliography, and the 'vtrain URL'. Its appreciated.

I'm not sure I would associate a photographic memory with the word myth.
Very many particular talented individuals past and present, are able to remember volumes of data.
Prodigious talent, that generally appears in early childhood, nor have they had any sort of training, memory or otherwise. I would equate that with fact, rather than myth.
Artists that can look at a scene once, and return to their studio and produce a painting correct in every detail. Musicians like Mozart playing and composing at 4 years old. Ask these 'savants' how they think....they cannot really tell you.
What is known, is that they generally exclude everything else, other than their particular ability. So much so that some of them have been called idiot savants, even autistic in modern times.
Nevertheless their powers of recall are prodigious, and I do not believe the brain can recall, unless the item is stored away in a 'box', ready for retrieval when required. Whether its an electro-chemical box of synapse connections, I would'nt know. But it must be storage of some sort.
We lesser mortals when required to learn and recall, are able to link unmemorised objects to our own previously learnt visual memorys.
When we are good at it, others amazed, and call it a photographic memory.
Certainly the visual pictures conjured up by mnemonic linking is way, way, better than learning by rote. And we have all done that, at school. You will be lucky to remember it for the exam.
I really do believe that Dr Bruno Furst Mnemonics can sharpen and develop your memory.
You might try this simple numerical/visual/adding
test and see how far and accurate you get.
TEST- Just keep on doubling the number 2
If you try it in bed just before you go to sleep, you can find it mentally exhausting. mad

PS I will now go and look at Vtrain, possibly commenting later.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.