Quote:
To turn your problem to closer to reality take your cracked egg world put on the ground now get a fixed block weight and now get different cup sizes. Turn the cup upside down and place cup on your cracked world now put your standard weight ontop of the upturned base. The different cup sizes are spreading the load of the standard weight out over different areas, note the movement distances in your cracked egg shell.

shazam I would never have figured that one out.
now I fully understand.

Quote:
You are getting close to understanding now keep playing with the idea ... In physics it's a standard closed vessel under pressure problem.

Im so glad that you are here to explain these things
just think we have nothing to worry about because the sea levels will only rise a couple of millimeters per hundred years.

unless we live on greenland or the antartic which will be the safest places on the earth to live because the sea levels will drop there , wow

Quote:
Greenland itself will drop because the island loses mass and its gravity is weakened.

so all we have to do to weaken gravity is melt ice.
I feel as if I have been left out , I always thought that gravity was constant on the earth and did not change like that.

thanks Orac for letting me in on that secret.