Originally Posted By: paul

its much harder that that orac , because of geographical elevations , also you would need a computer program that takes into consideration the amount of rebounding and the amount of sinking of land masses and sea floor due to the melting of the ice.

this rebounding and sinking of land and sea bed would crack the earth deep down , and would cause the release of hydrogen from the rock.

this would also need to be included into the computer program to calculate anything close to a possible scenario.

considering that the earths hydrosphere is only 0.023 percent of earths total mass , this leaves room for a deluge of water from binding hydrogen and oxygen atoms forming water molecules as the earth resettles into a stable shape over time due to the land and sea floor rebounding and the land and sea floor sinking that will be a result of the ice melting.

I looked at glacial rebound because of some crap from pre-earth and that will take hundreds of thousands of years if not longer probably millions.

Plate tectonics and/or preearth theory whichever you want to believe will have the world looking very different to today anyhow so sea level discussions are rather meaningless on these scales.

So I guess I come back to the point .... what is the meaning of what your calculating.

Last edited by Orac; 06/07/12 03:42 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.