Paul go an read the wiki reference again and even read carefully what is in your quote above.

I assure you the figure for a full ice melt that is an ice free earth is 70m (61m from antarctica). The work was done by NASA for the IPCC and has been signed off by most scientists.

Ice that isn't on land that is already floating, if that melts will not change the sea level or slightly reduce as you noted, so the 61m sea rise is from land based antarctica all melting.

If you have any remaining doubt goto the NASA website and do a search I am sure you will find the work and it was part of a series for an "ice free" earth and its complete opposite a "snowball" earth. Those two extremes give you max and min sea level limits.

Edit: I actually tried searching public NASA site the presentation isn't available hmmm I will see if I can get a release authority and put out on uni site for you but will take some time.

Edit: Perhaps try searching GRACE website I am out of time. I ran across this anti-AGW site in a google search the numbers are basically the same as NASA and it has broken the ice up between grounded and ungrounded but I don't know who this source is so treat it as general data that matches what I am saying and may be useful(http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/environment/waterworld.html)

The only change you have added is dragging out the ground water which is slightly less than the stored ice water.

Last edited by Orac; 06/06/12 03:19 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.