Quote:
Paul where do you get your numbers from above

The radius of earth is 6400 km or 4000 miles

You seem to have lost a decimal point :-)

diameter of the earth -- google

12,756.2 kilometers

Quote:
12756.32 kilometers or 7926.41 miles at the equator

and here is what I wrote ;-)

Quote:
surface area of the earth

a=4 x (pi x r2)

7926 miles

Quote:
You seem to have lost a decimal point :-)

it does not look that way to me , perhaps you didnt read or follow the post correctly.

----------------- next ----------------------

http://boingboing.net/2012/05/10/if-you-put-all-the-water-on-ea.html

Quote:
Put all the water on this planet into a single sphere and it would have a diameter of about 860 miles, says the United States Geological Survey.

and again here is what I said

Quote:
volume of a sphere v=4/3 x (pi x r3)
v=4/3 x (pi x r^3)

700 km = 434 miles

434 miles

when you put up the following quote

Quote:
The melting of small glaciers and polar ice caps on the margins of Greenland and the Antarctic Peninsula melt, would increase sea level around 0.5 m. Melting of the Greenland ice sheet or the Antarctic ice sheet would produce 7.2 m or 61.1 m of sea level rise, respectively

you must have thought that ice sheets were the only ice that would melt.

the above quote only includes the ice sheets in greenland and the antartic . not the entire volume of ice.

PLUS **** ice sheets are floating on water...
melting of ice sheets will cause sea levels to decline.

so , if the above is considering that a sea level rise of 61 m
would be the result in the melting of only that tiny fraction of ice (glaciers and ice sheets).

then your 400 ft rise does not even come close to a final sea level rise from only counting all the ice that can melt.

the volume of ice on the antartic is structured as follows.

land mass = 13,720,000 km2 (5,300,000 sq mi)

ice thickness = About 98% of Antarctica is covered by ice that averages at least 1 mile (1.6 km) in thickness.

13,720,000 km^2 x 1.6 km = 21,952,000 km^3

Quote:
Given the ground heights around the middle east there would still be a hell of a lot of land above water.

Thats just going off know facts without any calcs but if you redo and recheck your calcs you should hopefully agree with those figures.

I didnt include any land mass above water , so any land mass above water would increase the final height of the waters.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.