Pine trees do grow well in Tulsa, but we don't really grow them for timber. They aren't grown in areas that are handy for timbering. Most are grown in yards and parks. And then we also have a lot of elms, and pecans, and dog-wood, and red-bud, and a lot of others. They do tend to get reused. A lot of the time they are chipped to make mulch. At Tulsa's green waste disposal site you can go get mulch and pick up logs of trees that have been disposed of there. Of course for the logs you have to be quick. A lot of people go there to get fire wood.

I remember after the big ice storm they had a couple of huge chippers brought in to handle the huge lot of limbs that were created. I'm not sure what happened to all of the mulch, but it sure beats just piling the downed limbs and trees up and burning them, which is what a lot smaller cities did.

Personally I have 2 elm trees in the front yard and 2 pecan trees in the back yard. So I have good shade all around. And sometimes I get good pecans. That is variable. Some years they just don't have many. Last year they started off good, but the dry weather caused the pecans to drop off early.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.