Originally Posted By: Revlgking
With G-0-D in mind, think of it this way: All "love", especially of the agape kind, is creative of things that are Good.

Emotional love, attached love, jealous love, personal love is responsible for the distortions of
Quote:
a·ga·pe
Definition:

1.the love of God or Christ for humankind.
(whatever that is) In your determination God has so many limited connotations,
long ago, and for my own reasons--with no intention of being dogmatic--I dropped using the noun "God"--the word has so many limitations
God's love being associated to agape must not be exclusive of limiting connotations.
You might need to make up another kind of love to go with the made up G-0-D acronym.. How about A-G-A-P-E = A Good And Purposeful Expression... wink But then we always end up with the subjective personal idealism of what is good or purposeful, and what is the expression of no-thing
Quote:
the love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind.
There is a loaded definition. Christian being subject to so many negative connotations.
Quote:
unselfish love of one person for another without sexual implications; brotherly love.
This sounds somewhat better, but then some will love their brother more than a stranger, and here the ego will not necessarily universally love all humanity equally as long as the other can be seen as a blood/life sucking enigma. Right Rev?

So many things without a purpose... what shall a good man do? crazy I know.. Make up something to explain it all away.. wink
Quote:
love feast ( defs. 1, 2 ) .
So the twisting of agape thru all types of love that are not immersed in the experience of God or the Christ are abundantly dispersed within the history of humanity and represented in all human conflicts.

Good is knowledge-based science (truth-based).
Anything of the unknown being something other than Good? And are we speaking of relative truths that change in definition with belief and science?
Being that science, has not yet made any affirmations regarding God, or G-0-D, or spirituality in general as a truth, but possibly a belief, your G-0-D is not yet truth based.