Originally Posted By: Kyra M
Not wanting to sound like Pollyanna (but I guess I do) I’m hoping one or two readers will get something out of my concepts. A little peace of mind, or a different way of looking at things, perhaps.
Kyra M, this is a gentle warning not to set your hopes too high. First, the bad news; then the good news will make us feel better.

You have heard of the tsetse fly. It is a member of a genus of bloodsucking flies in the housefly family. It occurs only in Africa and it can transmit a sleep-causing disease.

HERE IS THE HEADS UP
--------------------
Now, on the Net--and not just on this site--"There is kind of fly", which those who have seen them, say "they looks like a small green turtle with wings." It is called the turtlelike-tutor fly (T-TF).

The goal of the T-TF is to make people who want to use forums to promote good values and read about positive t hings, feel sick rather than feel smile --well and good.

LET'S NOT BLAME THE VICTIMS
Good people, bitten by a T-TF, usually become, helplessly and hopelessly, contrary to what writers like you and me write. No fault of their own--they do not feel very well. Unfortunately, some feel sick Sad!

EXTREME CONTRARINESS
--------------------
Bitten by a T-TF, victims cannot agree on anything, not even among themselves. This includes simple things like the time of the day, or the colour of the sky. They will contradict anything that sounds valuable and positive.

Quotes like the following really drive them crazy:
A good mind is always evolving, always questioning, always unsure; “Fools and fanatics are so sure of themselves, wise men so full of doubt.” ... “Many people would sooner die than think; In fact many do so.”(Bertrand Russell)
"You gotta be joking" the TTF's will, over and over, repeat the message: "There is no truth but T-TFism. As geniuses, we have all the answers. Now listen! "

KEEP IN MIND: THE VICTIMS ARE HELPLESS
--------------------------------------
For example, write to victims of T-TFism about you experiencing values like reality, faith, hope, love, unity, at-one-ment, democracy, transparency, idealism, and the like, and they will usually remark, without explaining what they really mean, say that that all such values are tied to superstitions, to dualism and such.

With a very demeaning attitude, one recently said to me: "... you got some work to do" and "The Atonement still eludes you." You conclude
I’m reading AC Grayling’s The Good Book A secular Bible. He’s put together, in biblical type format, all the great teachings, musings and insight of the world’s many philosophers,and great minds, past and present. It’s illuminating reading, and once again I feel a paradigm shift in my thinking.
Kyra M, the victim of T-TF will likely respond to you with something like he responded to me: "Based on your push to advertise it as an ism rather than ..."

IS THERE GOOD NEWS?
--------------
There is! Simply begin as follows: Be cool and know we can have good fun, NOW! laugh

Last edited by Revlgking; 01/29/12 03:47 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org