From your initial post I thought you were referring to some weird QM states of matter, when it will be not in the form of atoms. However, going through the links provided, I could find no mention of any QM effects. Anyway, I thought that there would be some relation mentioned therein which I simply missed due to the quick reference that I made.

But now it became clear that you referred to systems containing atoms (showing weirdness). This has nothing to do with QM. 'Solid- liquid- gas' classification is not concrete, it is rather continuous, and there can be intermediate states that someone may choose to call 'weird'. Science reporters may sensationalize such findings as weird or exotic or new states. But is it right to call them different states of matter?

The plasma state is regarded as an ionized state or fourth state of matter. However, IMO, hydrogen in the interior of stars is in a solid state, packed exactly in a lattice form, and hence plasma state is a temporary phenomenon and need not be regarded as a separate state.