100 years have been spent trying to tame QM and failing badly.
In the last 10 years QM has torn most of classic physics apart not out want but because it is the easiest way to prove QM.

There is almost no way physics will not go the way of QM there is far far to much to learn and classic physics has very little to teach us. The next 25 years will all be about QM and nanotechnology.

QM is only really scary to people who don't understand or wrongly think it profoundly alters there world. In many ways QM liberates humans it removes much of the collission between religions and science as it does put things outside of time and space. It restores sanity to the concept of free will and offers options to things we currently think impossible.

There are gaps in our classic physics world which need to filled but QM opens up new possibilities.

When people were told the world wasn't flat and carried by a turtle but round it didn't destroy peoples physical world. When Einstein told people space and time were joined at the hip to create a space fabric it did not destroy peoples physical world. Nor will QM it simply redefines the world in a new way and only if you do special things will it change your physical world.

I don't know why you think it is so terrible.

QM information a few years ago we thought of as like information you write in book. We now understand it is much more than that now. Quantum information we now know is as basic as energy and it is integral to all matter.

There are dangers with QM it can be weaponized and can create challenges that we have not faced before but that is the nature of progress.

PS: You really are not going to like yesterdays announcement (http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-08-entanglement-macroscopic-dissipation.html). That is something like 1 trillion atoms entagled for 1 hour 0.5 meters apart :-)

Last edited by Orac; 08/25/11 01:18 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.