Kyra, please clarify what you mean when you say:
Quote:
What I believe is the Whole is joined and is everything, and God, which has biblical connotations, does not have to be part of the equation. But everyone should be open to believe what they wish."
Questions: 1. What is the difference between a 'god' who has biblical connotations and one that does not? 2. When you say, "everyone should be open" what do you mean? Do you mean that everyone should be free to believe what they want to believe?
Me? I take freedom of belief for granted, and I am all for it. I am also free to will, think, imagine and opine. But what about freedom to act? I am not free to break the law of the land, no matter what I believe--that is, unless I am prepared to suffered the consequences--agreed?

ABOUT THE GOALS AND CONSEQUENCES OF BELIEFS
By the way, it is my belief and opinion that my thoughts, imaginings, opinions and beliefs--and certainly the actions which spring from them--have consequences. Some are good, some are not so good and some can be be downright evil.

Therefore, when we say that we believe in 'god' and give a form to that idea we should we also have in mind some idea as to what we expect 'god' to be like and what we expect him--Or is it a her?--to do for and to us. As child, like most children, I grew up with the idea that 'god' was a king, or a lord, or a father-figure who saw and heard everything I did.

THE VALUE OF SKEPTICISM
Looking back, I am glad that I became a skeptic very early in life. As a teenager I almost became and atheist. My skepticism led me away from this, however, and is also what led me to unitheism.

UNITHEISM IS BASED ON DEEDALISM, NOT JUST CREEDALISM
Accepting the idea that creeds that are truly flexible can be useful, unitheism is more about deeds than creeds. As a unitheist I accept the idea that moderate pain and suffering can be useful guides to our finding physical, mental and spiritual peace of mind and well-being.

THE GOAL OF UNITHEISM
I also accept that the goal of unitheism is to help us eliminate unnecessary pain and suffering.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org