Originally Posted By: Kyra M
Hi Bill and Rev...If 'God' is Dark Energy and Dark Matter and this matter is through all the physical matter (estimated to be somewhere in the region of 5 percent of the Whole) then my theory is closer to Panentheism ...
Kyra, as I hope you know by now: I think of myself as a panENtheist--G0d is that which is in and through all there is. PanENtheism is totally inclusive. It is impossible for me to think of any particle, no matter how small, that does not have G0d within it. G0d is that which is inside all things.

On the other hand, for me, because GOD, spatially speaking, is infinite, I can only imagine that there is no-thing outside GOD--only the mystery of infinity. In other words, there is nothing larger than GOD--the infinite process of being.

GOD AND TIME
Similarly, thinking of time, GOD is the eternal now. However, using the principle of relativity we can measure time at the local level.

WHY I CALL MYSELF A UNITHEIST
While I respect sincere panentheists I do it to avoid confusing panentheism with pantheism--'god' as the sum of all physical things--I prefer to say: I am a 'unitheist'--'god' is all physical things, plus that which we think of as mental and spiritual reality.

For unitheism 'god' is definitely not a judgmental busybody listening to all our thoughts--the kind of 'god' written about in many parts of the Bible--demanding that, on pain of being sent to the flames of hell, we all become his slaves, kiss his butt and become obedient members of his one "true" church, synagogue, temple, mosque, whatever--and other such nonsense. Much traditional religion is a pack of hypocritical nonsense. And, as minister, I have said as much on more than one occasion.

WHAT DO ATHEISTS THINK OF UNITHEISM?
I have talked to many about this. I find that atheists who want to think of themselves as good people--that is, people who choose to do their best to be moral, ethical and loving human beings--find it very difficult, if not impossible, to reject unitheism.

I have had many an atheist say to me: "Well, if what you say is so, that I do not have to hang up my brains with my hat; that I can ask my questions and hang on to my sincere doubts, then I am not an atheist and I am willing to keep an open mind."

As a newly-ordained and young United Church minister assigned to serve in Labrador, I once baptized--at his personal request--one such an atheist. I met him July, 1953. Then he was the assistant manager of the newly-built Hudson Bay store--the first such store in Happy Valley/Goosebay, Labrador--my first assignment as a minister. My wife (Jean) and I were both 23. No children, yet. Later, we had a daughter and then a son--now in their fifties.

Later, the young atheist became an active member of my church and, to my amazement, went on to become an ordained minster. Interestingly, because he married an Anglican lady, who, at the time, happened to be a member of my church, he went on to become an Anglican minister. Well, how about that!

A lover of the north, the Rev. Hugo Mueller, served his whole ministry in Labrador, north of Newfoundland and Quebec. Quite a story. And now, at 81, I am sure you will understand when I say that I have many other such stories to tell.

Kyra, after you reflect on and maybe respond to the above, later I will comment on:
Quote:
Kyra "... if however we see 'God' as another entity, an unknown quantity so to speak, as well as the Dark Energy and Dark Matter (and of course physical matter) than we see my theory with leanings to the Pantheist beliefs.

What I believe is the Whole is joined and is everything, and God, which has biblical connotations, does not have to be part of the equation. But everyone should be open to believe what they wish."

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/04/11 11:01 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org