Originally Posted By: redewenur
Yes, that's right, Hoyle is believed to have applied the name Big Bang in derision, although it wasn't long before supporting evidence blew his own theory out of the water.
I support the theory of expansion as proposed by Lemaitre, I just don't think of it a "bang". After all, animal senses did not evolve until billion of "years" later.

I also support the rational scientific modus operandi as long as we can avoid worshiping at the altar of scientism.

BTW, is there anything inherently wrong with having "heart strings"?

Interestingly, I first read about Hoyle's theory, which he first proposed in 1948, in the winter of 1953/1954--the year I served my first pastoral charge in the squatter's town of Happy Valley-Goose-bay, Newfoundland/Labrador, north of Quebec. 40 degrees below zero F produced beautiful night skies for stargazing. His book was loaned to me by a member of my church. I didn't know why, but I had the feeling that there was something wrong with the theory.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org