Originally Posted By: kallog
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

Are you seriously expecting definitive answers to these questions? This is the sort of discussion that can go round in circles for generations. Indeed, it has done just that.

No, but if Rev can't provide answers that shows his idea is empty. In the past he's dodged my questions with word games, so I had to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't understand what I meant or something...

Kallog, you mean: I wont agree to give you the answers which you want me to give--ones that agree with your beliefs and ideas. You keep talking about "Rev's GOD" as one who "isn't providing any insight to justice, as Rev claims it is."

I admit that unitheism is a new idea, a new concept.Is it wrong to have new ideas, new theories? And is it really all that difficult for anyone to understand my thoughts when I say GOD?

GOD for me, is not an object to be possessed, a box-like thing, or a person, or an idol with measurable dimensions--a god (God) that can be put in another and bigger box.

If I accepted that idea of GOD, I too would be an atheist, not the unitheist that I am. I do not blame people who reject the powerless God of theism for being atheists. I am not one to condemn humane atheists to eternal damnation. I have learned a lot from the questions and challenges offered by sincere and moral atheists. I am willing to work with all humane beings interested in making the world a better place. I am even willing to work with theists. I only wish they did not have such a small God.

Pay attention, scientists: As the great astronomer, Sir James Jeans (1877-1946) put it in his great book THE NATURE OF THE UNIVERSE: "The universe is beginning to look more like a great thought than a machine." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hopwood_Jeans[/quote]

BTW, Austine Cline, the atheist who controls the religion sections of ABOUT.COM, takes the same position. After asking me to define what I mean when I say GOD, he has for over a year now censored my comments--even the brief ones.

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/05/11 08:15 PM. Reason: Always good to do

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org