Thank you for that .. will try that as a definition

I am a physics computer programmer/modeller and trying to work with an astrophysics group in english not my native language .... they are doing my head in over the 2nd law they make it way harder than it is.

We always just view it as the law of energy distribution with elasticty but they want to go into inane discriptions of probability. I go yes I know it involves probability but thats only to provide the elasticity.

I don't get how they haven't realized the 2nd law and General relativity are almost joined at the hip the universe has to have some elasticity you can't transact and balance all energy universe wide given the finite speed of light.

We are used to modelling huge plants and electrical systems and energy changes in sub systems all have there own loop closure times but these guys seem to not think of the universe of one big system that all transactions are balanced like every plank time or something ... doing my head in !!!!!

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.