Some thoughts on this article 'E8 Theory of everything' looking rocky, published on March 29 of 2011.
The article makes the man, who came up with the theory, sound like some lounging surfer 'dude' who just randomly came up with these ideas of 'stacking the furniture (chairs)in an illogical way to fill the void'.
They say these analogies all wrong. The way I see the chaos of this universe is this; it has it's own set of rules and we only know a few of at this time.
Science really keeps touching on multiple string theory and it shows me that the laws and 'rules' of universal engagement can do some fantastic things. Who's to say that we aren't all just one dimension of every 'moment' of time we pass through.
String theory along with most other scientific theories tend to bring about mass controversy before we (as a collective consciousness) all cool down and actually start making progress.
In closing, simplest way for anyone to understand multiple universes would be to put two mirrors in front of you and slowly turn them towards yourself. Soon you begin to see a hallway of you and all other possibilities of you. They are all there at the same moment and they are all you. Just slight variations of you.
I leave you to it.

A Whimsic Teller