fridays tsunami in japan was terrible and is still terrible as aftershocks continue to occur apx every hour.
over 10,000 people are missing.

the nuclear power plant in fukushima is overheated and is releasing radiation , yet the wave action has never stopped.

the reactor lost its cooling capabilities due to pump failure of some sorts.

both the main and the backup pumps failed.

yet the wave action has never stopped.

if your going to build a nuclear reactor on the beach why not allow the wave action to keep the core cool.

for that matter however if the land were to heave upwards then even wave action would not save the core because the waves would be further down , but why not put the reactors on the water...

where they can be sacrificial lambs in the event of such a dissaster.

pull a plug and sink them , we have had nuclear powered ships for decades now , and no real problems.

and if there ever was a real problem Im sure that somebody would have ordered them sunk.

or better than that just drop the core into the ocean if it starts to get overheated and you cant figure out how to keep it cool.

they do have emergency generators in place last I heard and I suppose they are used to power the pumps but if another wave comes in big enough to put them out of opperation then
the countdown begins again.

Im not being insensitive to the tragedy , I really hope that those that have survived will find food and shelter
and medical attention soon unlike the way the victims of katrina were treated and the time it took for any action to take place given that there was not a potential nuclear meltdown in the immediate vicinity.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.