Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Originally Posted By: shruthi ks
IT ALL MEANS A NANOSCOPIC POPULATION IS DRIVING THE WORLD. SO FEW PEOPLE HAVE THE CALIBER TO INNOVATE.
SKS, are you an innovator? If so, in what way? In what branch of philosophy, science and art?

Am I an innovator when I say there are three kinds of science--the hard sciences, the soft sciences and the Oh-my-G0D-what-is-it? kind! smile & crazy

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Question to stuthi ks

Are All the Nobel prize Winners the REAL innovators?

I think Reviking unknowingly hit the nail on the head.
When he mentioned the Sciences of all kinds, including philosophy, art, and don't forget to add in the chemical and medical life sciences, and literature.

Then take note of the Nobel prize winners, both male and female since 1905.
Especially note their ethnicity, their country of origin, their religion, and their blood group (if possible).
Do that Struthi ks,......and you will be surprised to find out where the REAL innovators of this world come from.

Below are some interesting pointers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_country

http://judaism.about.com/od/culture/a/nobel.htm

Religious pooling here:-
From a pool of 12 million Jews (0.2% of the world’s population) which works out to 2 out of every 1,000 people there are 178 Nobel Prize winners

From a pool of 1.4 billion Muslims (20% of the world’s population) which works out to 2 out of every 10 people there are 9 Nobel Prize winners

Based on these numbers, the Muslims represent 117 times the number of Jews! Based upon this 117:1 Muslim-to-Jewish ratio, one might expect the Muslims to have 24,920 Nobel Laureates, but have only 9

PS. I would like to add that I don't altogether agree with that 24,929/9 ratio in the last para, since all things are not equal.
And I am thinking here of the differences in education and finances of Jewish and Moslem familys in past years.

I also seem to have lost the ready made data regarding Christian prize winners. (but it should'nt be too difficult to re compute)

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.