Originally Posted By: kallog
Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Physicists like Michio Kaku, Brian Swimme, Seth Lloyd and others have gone beyond particle physics and quantum mechanics. Talk now is about immeasurable energies which can be accessed and used by human thinkers, especially


So those aren't dark energy because dark energy is measurable. I joined this thread to understand what it was about. Can you explain any of the ideas without the use of analogies or name-dropping? Those links don't seem to have an relevance - one wants me to buy a book, another is people talking about whether scientists are atheists or not. Is that what "threadism" is? The religious beliefs of scientists?





Isn't Dark Energy (or dark matter) "dark" by defition because it's un-measurable?
Just because they can infer a certain amount of "something" must exist (to explain the current theories), doesn't mean "something" has been directly measured. It may not even exist, but it is only postulated to exist based on current theories. But dark stuff has never been directly observed or measured, has it?
===

...but regarding that 95% of the universe that is sugested to be composed of dark energy and dark matter....
I think the idea that everything we know about the universe applies to only 5% of that universe means that there is a lot of room for things we don't understand. Or conversely, our understanding of the universe is only 5% correct--and even that 5% is not completely correct yet--so it just seems more likely that some unusual connectedness underlies the reality that we perceive. If the other 95% is as complex as this 5%, then it would be so much more likely that some omnipotent founding force informs this Creation.

I just recently ran across this perspective that says things in a way better than I thought possible ...for trying to describe this broadly inclusive, somewhat mystical, view... a view that seems reasonable, but hard to express with definitive language. This is, imho, the best expression I've seen so far for this comprehensive idea:

Originally Posted By: wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan
Langan has developed his own "theory of the relationship between mind and reality" which he calls the "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe (CTMU)".

"I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind."

Langan explains on his website that he believes "since Biblical accounts of the genesis of our world and species are true but metaphorical, our task is to correctly decipher the metaphor in light of scientific evidence also given to us by God".
...
"This implies that we all exist in what can be called "the Mind of God", and that our individual minds are parts of God's Mind. They are not as powerful as God's Mind, for they are only parts thereof; yet, they are directly connected to the greatest source of knowledge and power that exists. This connection of our minds to the Mind of God, which is like the connection of parts to a whole, is what we sometimes call the soul or spirit, and it is the most crucial and essential part of being human."

===

"I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible." -C.M. Langan
===


I also believe this; especially when you realize that our "science" is also only a metaphor (or theory/model) for this universe... this Creation we inhabit.

~:)
_________________________
Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.