Quote:
Originally posted by luckylee:
1. Are the DNA chromosomes in the nucleus - in the 23 pairs - operate as a "read-only" memory for the cell?
2. If they are "read only" and can be transcribed into RNA, but not altered in-situ, then what does it mean to say "the gene is expressed" (active) in a particular cell type and not another cell type?
3. What happens when DNA with 23 pairs is transplanted into an organism that normally does NOT have 23 pairs?
4. Does the organism just use those genes it chooses?
5. Is there any immune system function that, in effect, says there is an invalid group of chromosomes in that particular group of transplanted cells?
I don't do other people's homework. I have never done my children's homework, nor have I ever done my grandchildren's homework. The basic rule is, "Do the assignments yourself." It's not my homework--it's yours. "I've had kids hand in homework that's in other people's handwriting," many teachers have complained. Doing assignments for you won't help you understand and use information. And it won't help you become confident in your own abilities.

Happy learning luckylee smile