Quote:
but note you need an external force. Whether you're talking about a tank of air, a gun, or guys running up & down ladders, all of those forces are internal

it doesnt matter where the force comes from , if it comes from inside the pipe or outside the pipe.
its pretty stupid of you to think that it does.

below I have underlined the word "you" so that
others wont get the opinion that "I" have the same understanding as bryan who just happens to be the "you"
below.

if you were sitting inside a large can on earth
that is completely sealed.

then the large can suddenly was in deep space.

and you stood up inside the can.

according to your understanding of physics the large can would not move as you stand.

I say the large can moves away from you , because of the force that you applied to the large can while standing , and smashes into your head.

if you were outside on the top of the large can and stood up the large can would move according to your understanding of physics.

I say the large can moves away from you , because of the force that you applied to the large can while standing.

you cant just have it your way , bryan.

its basic physics , rock bottom physics , grade school physics.

now I suppose you will reply once again saying that the large can would move as you have repeatedly done in the past , contridicting yourself once again and sinking further into the mire that you created for yourself.

Quote:
No, you've steadfastly ignored newtons laws, in particular newtons 3rd law.

you are the one who is ignoring newtons laws , bryan.

you are ignoring #1 #2 and #3 of newtons laws of motion.

by insisting the pipe would not move.
you try to use newtons laws but they are flawless and
cannot be used to support your missinterpretations of them.

Quote:
but note you need an external force.

no I dont , you do , I know better.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.