Originally Posted By: paul
Quote:
but you get the idea.

you havent show anything except that you can cut and paste
equations.
and then dump the same ridiculous sob story on me.

what have you shown? nothing.

Actually, I've shown that physics states your space drive is a physical impossibility.

I'd also point out that in "copying & pasting" equations I've given a mathematical basis for my arguments. Verses you, whose evidence consists of:

a) whining that I provide mathematical evidence of my claims,
b) ignoring basic physical laws such as newtons laws of motion, the conservation of energy, etc, and
c) sticking your fingers in your ears and going "neener-neener-neener" every time you hear something you don't like.

you go to a great extent to put up a equation and explain all the factors involved (at least you think thats all) and then you dont even supply any result from the equation..

Because I couldn't - to do that I'd have to know the area of the nozzle on the end of the tank, its divergence angle, the volume of the pipe the tank is sealed in, and so forth. Since you did not provide that info, it is not possible for me to complete the calculation.

But thanx for confirming those mathematics are beyond your ability to comprehend. After all, anyone who bothered to read what the terms meant would realize that several important variables were not accounted for.

therefore the net force on the pipe = 100 psi <---

Congratulations, you can cut-and-paste from the wikipedia. I doubt you even understand what you copied - it was mostly irrelevent to the topic at hand, since fluid dynamics will generally describe the flow of the fluid through a pipe, not once it leaves the pipe. And since most of the energy in a system such as yours are derived by the nozzle - i.e. once the air has escaped the pipe - any calculations as to the energy of the moving fluid in the pipe will underestimate the actual amount of thrust provided.

Would this be a bad time to point out I spent a lot of my Phd working out the fluid dynamics of blood flow and how that relates to the distribution of cells within the blood vessel and the forces they experience when interacting with the blood vessels? Even built microfluidic devices that do things like sort cells and mimic our circulatory systems...

I'd also point out that I never once said the pipe wouldn't experience 100psi of pressure - the end closest to the tank would experience that pressure immediately after you open the valve.

However, none of that changes the original issues, namely:

1) Pressure is not a measure of the amount of energy available for work - its merely a measure of force per unit area due to the presence of a fluid. The actual potential energy available is, as I stated earlier, determined by the volume of gas and the pressure it is at. Therefore saying "the pipe experiences 100psi" is meaningless, as that tells you nothing as to the amount of force generated upon release of the air - for that you need to take in account the mass of the air, and the speed it is moving at - using the equations I outlined in my earlier post.

2) You are ignoring what happens once the air leaves the tank. That moving air has kinetic energy. That energy doesn't magically disappear - it has to go somewhere. That somewhere, in a sealed pipe, is the pipe itself. And since the air is moving in opposition to the force on the tank, guess what the effect of that energy transfer is.

Like I said before, build it, show it works, patent it, and show Newton, NASA, etc, to have been wrong.

Bryan

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA