Yea that's the trouble, it's too complicated for most people to understand. I don't either, but I do have a book if that counts wink

How is superposition possible? Maybe the question should be "Why shouldn't superposition be possible?". It only seems strange to us because it's not a macroscopic phenomenon that we're used to. Actually we are used to it with light, and we're happy to accept the wave description of light.

Maybe these questions are a bit like asking classical physics "Why does an object with no forces acting on it, travel at a constant velocity?" There must be some mechanism that remembers its previous positions and moves it to the correct new positions continuously.

But I think it's an easy mistake to say "oh there could be some hidden mechanism controlling these random outcomes, we just haven't been able to find it yet". Yea perhaps, but all the evidence suggests not, no matter how hidden it is. We like to assume that causality should always occur, but we only assume that because we're familiar with it macroscopically. Again perhaps we should be asking of classical physics "How does the state of an isolated system at one time determine its state at a future time?" Is there some mechanism that remembers how it was and uses that information to control how it changes?