Originally Posted By: kallog

I suspect this is the same with the HHO, but still can't see how the numbers add up.

Thats why I advise to concentrate on a full circle of one molecule of water (or its mechanical equivalent).
A guess paul wrote somewhere "the volume of HHO is 1800 times larger then water".
Thats where the energy is lost: you have to spend energy to do this expansion against the surrounding pressure.
Electrolysis under high pressure takes more energy then under low pressure.

So I think in Momos's system it doesn't matter how high you let it float, or how high the tank of water is. As long as the former is no more than the latter of course :P

Correct: the higher the tank: the more energy you gain from floating and falling. But the amount of energy necessary to change the density (do the electrolysis) increases accordingly.
Both processes are directly depending on the density of the surrounding and the force of gravity.

From Paul's calculations which I checked too, it doesn't appear to add up right.

Well, I'm unable to calculate the amount of energy (Z)to seperate the atoms of the molecule against the surrounding pressure. Thats why I used my mechanical boxes as an equivalent. Do my figures add up?

Last edited by Momos; 04/28/10 10:37 AM.