Kyra and Andrea, pardon this old fogy for what you may think of as an intrusion. If you wish, feel free to tell me you have everything under control. I will not be offended. However, if you would welcome some help in making it easier for readers to understand what you want to say, think about the following.

Kyra, it is my understanding that your main goal is to you tell your readers, as clearly as possible, what you mean by "Whole Threadism". You want us to have a clear idea of what you mean, right?

It seems to me that to do this you have chosen to use the same method as used by Socrates in famous DIALOGUES OF PLATO--a wise choice. Therefore, may I suggest you do the following: Like in a play, make it clear who is saying what to whom. To illustrate what I mean, using the first part of what I assume you said to each other, I offer the following:

=================================================
FELLOW POSTERS, KYRA HERE. WHOLE THREADISM, AS MANY OF YOU ALREADY KNOW IS A CONCEPT WHICH IS NEAR AND DEAR TO MY HEART.(©Kyra K 2009).

To help me, Kyra, to clarify my thoughts I have asked a friend, Andrea, to dialogue with me about this. Readers, feel free to participate in the dialogue with your comments and questions.

Kyra: I don’t know, Andrea, maybe it’s not that different from what others have written.

Andrea: Probably not. So, when do you want to start? [Remember, you did ask me to help you.)

Kyra: Yes, I need someone to ask me questions and bounce back to me with more questions to my answers. It’s all speculation you know. Everything is. Well, everything which addresses the meaning of life etc, is.

Andrea: Okay, here goes: Scientists are saying that 25% of the Universe is dark matter and 70% of the Universe is dark energy. That is a whopping 95% of everything being this ‘dark’ stuff which may, or may not, co-exist. It is through us, with us and, I think, it may be of us.

Kyra: Hang on, am I supposed to argue with this now?

Andrea: Well, what do you think?

Kyra: It’s a bit simplistic isn’t it?

Andrea: I wish it was.

Kyra: Well, it’s no secret that you have Pantheist leanings. The Pantheists believe just what you have said, that everything is the Universe and the Universe is everything.

Andrea: Yes, but not that one part is matter-aware and the other part is energy-aware.

Kyra: Which is which?

Andrea: Look! I don’t know, but consider this hypothesis: We are matter aware and the other part of us, which exists with us, but also separate to us (seemingly) is energy aware.

Kyra: You say, seemingly?

===============================
BTW, make a point of doing a search on the work of Alfred North Whitehead, Process Philosophy and Theology, and Panentheism--not to be confused with pantheism. http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/panentheism/#His
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Cobb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hartshorne

Last edited by Revlgking; 03/28/10 02:39 AM. Reason: Always a Good Idea!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org