Originally Posted By: Eddy Pengelly
Originally Posted By: me, Eddy Pengelly I stated in my OP that
In Strong’s Concordance, the primary definition of Hebrew word 430 “God” (in the Lexicon section) is a plural word that means 'deities' - therefore where in the Bible the word GOD has been perceived and interpreted as a single GOD, it actually referred to plural deities.

Conclusion:
The single religious “one true GOD” perception is no longer valid - as the original meaning was ‘deities’ (plural).

Therefore to which ‘deities’ does the Creation account in Genesis 1:1 refer ?
My question still remains unanswered.
(1) The original meaning for the Hebrew word ‘GOD’ (aleim : OE Elohim) is “deities” - and not GOD as we have been led to believe.

Also, looking at the original Hebrew writings, shows that the Old English translation has moved the order of the words which has placed the verb on the perceived GOD.

Original order is
in•beginning he-created Elohim » the•heavens and•» the•earth
(b•rashith bra aleim ath e•shmim u•ath e•artz) Source

This reads as “in the beginning (he) created deities, the sky and earth”.

This is telling a totally different story.

(2) Something else other than the perceived GOD, (the “he”) created the deities, the sky, and earth - in that order.

Are these conclusions valid ?

Duality is more of what is being inferred. God being both the un-manifest and the manifest. The heavens and the Earth. The stillness and vastness of pure potential un-manifest, and the experiential awareness of consciousness witnessing consciousness or itself (Elohim). The translators can't convey this because they were not of the same conscious mindset as the authors. More than likely they literally tried to translate each word based on supposition. So to answer your question. No.
Words often have multiple meanings. If you take the Sanskrit language for example, one word can have 10 different meanings. The only way to put a word into its proper context is to derive the meaning of the entire sentence or paragraph. It takes a certain kind of intuition as well as a mastery of the language to do justice to translating Sanskrit as well as Aramaic and Hebrew.
All that is, (The cosmic waters, or the ocean of potential) has no beginning or end. That which has beginnings and endings such as God and Gods,(the ripples on the surface of the waters) are born of the un-manifest, but are nothing more than reflections of the One and are still the Ocean regardless of surface appearances.
You should really study some of the Vedic Scripture. It is laid out in very simple terms. It may allow you to derive the essence or the meanings of the words used in the Hebrew texts, rather than trying to literally define the translations using an English dictionary, but without the experience of the authors state of mind, its doubtful whether you will have any clear idea of what they are describing. Most likely you will be trying to figure out if you got it right and probably doubt any feedback you get that differs from your own ideas.

Like I said, how can you decide what is true when you have no experience of the Truth?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!