BTW, before I offer the following opinion let me warn readers: Recently in the agnostics/atheism www.about.com a poster told me: YOU ARE A POMPOUS ASS. This is much better than being a stupid ass, or an asinine wimp.

In the role of a PA I will opine as follows:

God, Spirit (with a capital S), spirit, soul, mind are all one and the same, but they are not things. They are states of Being.

However, out of these no-things all that exists in material form in the Now, including the human body, emanated and evolved and is continuing to do so in the eternal Now and the infinity of Space. I equate Now and Space with Spirit.

To simplify this, I propose the following elegant solution.

BTW, the brilliant physicist, Brain Greene in an interview
http://www.superstringtheory.com/people/bgreene.html
said that "physicists often use the term elegant to describe a solution to a problem that is as powerful as it is simple.

It's a solution which cuts to the heart of an important problem with such clarity that it almost leaves no doubt that the solution is either right or at least on the right track.

And string theory is just that kind of solution. It provides the first way of putting quantum mechanics and general relativity together -- that is, merging the laws of the small and the laws of the large -- and it does it in such a sleek manner that it is quite breathtaking. And the term elegant really describes that kind of solution."

MY POMPOUS PROPOSAL
I propose that we call the beginning, or the alpha point, GoD (that is G zero D)--all Goodness, order and Design, as measurable energy--or quanta--in potential. Quantum mechanics--having to do with laws that govern how small things work.

What do I call the end point, the omega point? I am referring to the goal out there, that towards which we are processing in all directions, according to the principles of relativity--laws that govern how large things work.

To avoid the dangers of anthropomorphism I propose we call that GOD, in capitals. The O here symbolizes the infinity of space.

GOD is that which is the total, universal and all-encompassing Goodness, Order and Desirable design in the largeness of space.

Our role in creation? In a word, we are here to be co-creators. We are here to become free, truly human and humane beings no longer bound by the tyranny of any animal-like drives. We are free to love (agape), to remain confused, or even to hate (misos).

E=MC2 + Imagination X Love

LOVE IS THE FREEDOM TO WILL
Using free will (agape love) we are free to stay where we are--that is, endure the limitations of earth; to devolve, that is make more hell on earth that there is, or to continue to evolve to a heaven on earth and beyond. Simple.

BTW, I do not feel we are ever free to stop existing.

Feel free to critique, and even improve upon the above. Even pompous asses can be trained to be better pompous asses, I hope. laugh

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/08/09 05:45 PM. Reason: good idea

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org