Ok my beliefs and why. I guess I would say that I feel like i've got things worked out for myself. I've gone through a lot of different belief systems in my life. I was raised as a christian my whole life, everyone in my family is fairly religious. Then my high school humanities class happened, and our teacher impressed upon us the importance of thinking for oneself. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I had never made the choice to be christian on my own, my parents made the choice for me. I'm not saying I was ungrateful, but I wanted to figure out if that was really how I felt. After looking at the history of the Bible and how things really began in the christian religion I found myself slipping away from it more and more. Gradually I realized that I don't believe in the christian God or the Bible. Now i'm a Cognitive Neuroscience major and i'm trying to figure out if I really believe that we as humans have souls...or a purpose. I do have buddhist tendancies, but I don't like to ascribe myself to any one religion. I believe that everyone should have their own unique set of beliefs and that conforming to different groups isn't really necessary. Like it or not everyone's perceptions of a particular religion are going to be slightly different anyway.

parsimonious as always...