Coberst--- Now you need to define what YOU mean by 'assets' and 'liabilities',

Do you count only financial assets and liabilities? Do you include (for example) age, drive and potential for the future? If you do not then I suggestyou are not assessing 'net' worth, as 'net' implies the total worth of something-- and could possibly include personal characteristics such as drive, personality etc: That is why in posting your original proposition you should define your terms--- thus--- you should state "net financial terms ....." if that is what you are proposing.

Your proposition would then read:
'Net financial worth equals self-worth.'

To which the best possible retort would be 'WHATEVER!" or something similar I think.

If you do not define your terms the discussion will drive you mad as people like me (and eccles) pick your argument to bits without attending to the part you think is important. (Amongst the things eccles wants to know is how your definition of capitalism impinges on your original question as you threw it in without explanation)!

So far neither of us have addressed the nub of your post because we are having too much fun nit-picking on the outer.

Last edited by Ellis; 09/07/09 01:25 AM. Reason: expanded an idea and a typo