Originally Posted By: eccles
..You might like to compare that with Maturana's concept of "the observer domain"...
Thank you for link, I'll read it definitely.

It's rather difficult to define exact criterion of self-awareness. From AWT follows, every particle is formed by dense cluster of many other density fluctuations, so it exhibits an internal life. Even primitive organisms exhibits a rudimentary self-awareness - for example bacteria avoid the space, where they persisted before few seconds. It's apparent, their own metabolites are source of negative chemotaxis - in this sense, every bacteria is self-aware of itself slightly (it's evident, this behavior forces the organism to find a place with fresh food earlier, then its sources are depleted at given point). Many material objects are behaving by the same way, because they tend to chaotic motion, for example sparks never follow the very same path. But it's evident, self-awareness is more complex and less frequent/intensive phenomena, then just a reflection of outer environment, because every object is always smaller, then the rest of its environment and it consist of smaller number of particles, then the remaining objects in this environment. A solitary organisms would become self-aware earlier, then these more social ones.

Despite the we are conscious self-aware creatures for long time already, we just starting to understand, why is it so. The realization of particle nature of reality appears trivial for me, but mainstream science is still not aware of it - so I cannot consider people quite aware of itself.