I just eat the seeds from whatever "normal-sized serving" of fruit I happen to have--up to once or twice a week; five or six apple or pear seeds, or a peach or apricot pit. At best is may be some sort of "preventative" (like fruit in general), and at worst it's just adding a little variety to my nutrition.

I'll peel the apple seed, or break (hammer) open the pit and eat the seed. Wrap a paper towel around the slimey pits so the hammer doesn't slide off (and that also keeps pit-shards from flying up into someone's eye); which is why apple seeds are nice--so easy to just peel. Chew it up well, and it kinda numbs the mouth a bit. After chewing up the seed, I usually mix that pulp with a bite of the fruit, to help wash the numbness down.

...it's been 30 years, but if I recall correctly:
Laetrile, naturally found in many non-citrus fruit seeds, is a natural chemical that contains cyanide. The laetrile releases its cyanide when the laetrile is metabolized by a cell. The idea is that when the laetrile is broken down by a cell, the released cyanide helps to kill the cell. Since cancer cells metabolize faster than regular cells, it's hoped they will be killed preferentially over normal cells. I think the idea may also be that normal cells are somehow protected against laetrile, so laetrile would release its cyanide mostly in cancer cells.

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.