Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Hmmm. OK. May I butt in? I was just passing thru. You know how it is.

Trying to sort it all out, are we? ...

Meanwhile.... everyone alive. Time is passing. The lights are scheduled to go off. It is a certainty. Don't worry about it. Consider it.

Don't forget to breathe. Try to not miss a single one. Just that simple awareness alone is all there is and all one needs. You can sit down and start gently, anytime.

Appreciation. Gratitude. Awareness. Love. Peace.

But, don't take my word for it. Be that scientist.

=============================================================
Anon Who: You mentioned the role of "awareness". Take note of the following dialogue which I had, recently at
http://www.wondercafe.ca/discussion/religion-and-faith/athiest-ad-buses?page=6
======================================

RevLindsayKing wrote:

7. But what scientific evidence is there that physicality is the only reality? Give us a good example.

To which I got the following response:

No problem. This morning at 9:15 am I filled a cup with water and drank from it.
====================================
Then I responded:

Now, prove it was the "real" smile you!

But seriously,

FEEL FREE, IF YOU WILL, TO TELL ME THAT I AM HAVING AN IMPOSSIBLE DREAM; that I am an incurable optimist; bonkers, nuts, out to lunch, but I strongly feel that all that we call evil, including all suffering and pain is, like ignorance, curable.

===============================================

I agree with those who say that the more and more of us who awaken to consciousness and become aware of who we really are the less evil there will be. When every human being becomes fully aware, there will be no evil. As Eckhart Tolle puts it (A New Earth, page 99):

AWARENESS IS THE GREATEST AGENT FOR CHANGE

To this I would add: Awareness grounded in, and powered by, the Power of Love (agape), the highest good.

=============================================

Honest atheists are right: The gods, or God, will not save us and bring the Kingdom of God, "on earth, as it is in heaven..."

If it is to be, it is up to "we", including "me".

However, this does not mean, for me at least, that we need to abandon the god hypothesis. All we need do is take a new look at what the hypothesis is all about.

Please yourself, but I have come to think of GOD, not as a super person separate and apart from us and existence, including the things we touch. God is the total, universal and all-inclusive Being, Life, and Presence operating in the Now (BLPN). We operate within GOD.

Keep in mind: Jesus took ordinary bread and wine and said, "This is my body." Ordinary things, like water, are outward and visible signs of an inward and invisible grace.

Last edited by Revlgking; 02/15/09 04:35 AM.