I believe that what you are speaking of is kinetic energy

kinetic energy --> the energy a object has due to its movement.

if the kinetic energy of a moving object is what you are speaking of then you are correct , but lets just say the kinetic energy increases to avoid confussion.

still I cannot agree that the mass of an object changes due to its speed , the overall energy of an object does change of course with increasing speed , but this is all that changes
otherwise physics would need to be re-written in whole to compensate for the added mass of an object with increasing speeds.

I have read about these things that I myself refer to as science fiction , these things are abundant today and lead many people in wrong directions.

and since this thread is in the sci fi forum I suppose it is at home here.

E=Mc^2

bullfeathers!!!

first off you believe that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light as you refer to it.

and then you want me to believe that you can get energy by propelling mass at 186,000 mps times 186,000 mps !!!

so which is right

nothing can travel faster than the speed of light
or
mass can travel faster than the speed of light

dont forget that you will need an infinite supply of energy to begin with if the mass you are propelling increases infinetely.

because as the mass increases with velocity you will need to add
more and more force to cause the mass to gain velocity , not just the initial force for acceleration but an additional force for each grain of mass that is added due to acceleration.

in other words what we have here is the method that was used to
try and prove that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light , how could it if its mass grew as its speed increased?

yes that should work lets write books about it !!!

lets fill our scientist heads full of this type of garbage so
that they will leave energy alone !!!

hopefully none of them will be capable of thought processes that would un-cover our mistakes.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.