As an agnostic, I share many of the views of atheists. One that I especially share is the view stated by Ellis that we tend not to believe in the supernatural. I don't even believe in the word supernatural. Or un-natural or transnatural. It is common for people to refer to compounds formulated in labs as un-natural. If recombining elements or compounds into new compounds is un-natural, nature is un-natural. A literal impossibility. Nature recombines constantly, for instance, the run-off from heavy rainfall mixes salt or other compounds from one area into another. Salt reacts with the compounds already there to create other compounds. What could be un-natural about that? In short, we live in a "natural" universe. We can only play around with the natural aspects of this natural universe. To assume we are even capable of creating, or even detecting something "un-natural" is simple arrogance based on our minuscule understanding of what is.

Last edited by Iztaci; 12/04/08 01:07 AM.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman