Revlgking;

Yeah, the ad hominem attack never produces anything but chaos. "Stalin thought two plus two was four, but Stalin was a monster so two plus two must equal something else."

Then there are the logical fallacies like "vacuums suck" which, of course, they do not. A vacuum is not a thing but the absence of a thing. Air pressure. An absence can "do" nothing. Air pressure, a thing, can do something. It can "push". So, one cannot be "sucked into a vacuum because there is no such thing as suck. One can be pushed into a vacuum but, of course, when that happens it is no longer a vacuum.

When a "statement" consists of nothing but logical fallacies and ad hominem attacks, it is not really a statement but a void, into which one cannot be sucked but pushed... by the hot, high-pressure gases encountered in such a "conversation". The upside is; it can only happen to you if you let it. If you refuse to respond in kind, the hot gases will eventually dissipate. They have no choice. Without more heat, they must cool.

Regards,

is tacky

Last edited by Iztaci; 12/02/08 10:22 PM.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman