Originally Posted By: Revlgking
So, TT: Do you have an ego? I will take your written word as if it were spoken, unless you want to call me.

As I said, unless you were without the influence of ego you would not be able to tell whether anyone else was. So whatever I would say would be subjective to your ongoing opinion and attachment to your part (identity) in the unfolding universe.

BTW, does your response mean that ego-less people are like infallible lie detectors?

My response means consciousness recognizes consciousness. Ego recognizes ego. Without knowing consciousness ego stands alone with ego.

In keeping with the teachings of Jesus, as found in the Gospels, my ego has always known that actions, such as what I write, are what count. As the old saying goes: "Sometimes our actions speak so loud, others cannot hear what we are saying, or writing."

From the ego's point of view your actions are owned. From the ego-less point of immersion into spirit it is nature acting upon nature that creates the manifest. The ego sees it from a personal point of view, the ego-less from the point of view of God. Consciousness witnessing consciousness.
Generally speaking the waking state ego consciousness reveres the loud voice of the ego and ignores the subtle voice of spirit.

Or simply put the ego loves to hear itself speak..regardless of whether anyone listens, it finds importance in itself and all of its opinions.
Anything the ego puts forth may resonate at the surface level of definitions and meanings of words in a few who are like minded and closed within the same surface loop.
That which is spoken from spirit resonates within everything because everything is spirit. If the ego has grabbed the attention of awareness the resonance will be ignored, but the word of God is not random and isolated to the few. It is the very vibration of Truth that will continue resonating until the ego is set aside and the awareness is redirected toward the truth in the awakening of the soul. The voice of spirit is what maintains all of creation. It is a constant and it is amazing that it is so easily ignored, for the voice of opinion and of personal, and passing importance.

BTW, I know I have an ego. However, with the help of GOD-consciousness--LOVE-consciousness, it seems to be a very helpful servant; or should I say, friend?

It would seem that way from belief and opinion that what you have gained in the personal has value, even tho none of it will be taken with you when you leave your body. All value will disappear with the dissolution of the body and the ego's identification with it.
Without knowing the true value of who you are, clinging to values that will not survive your own death seem rather pointless.

To address your own words:
"Have you the answer as to why anyone, but a fool, would choose ignorance over education?"

I think knowledge of ones self is much more advantageous over education based on illusions of the ego.

"Ignorance-based, or unenlightened, beliefs are deadly! And they will continue to inflict suffering, pain and death until the victims get tired of it and wake up."

One would have to break the loop of education that comes from the un-enlightened mindset before death is no longer experienced as the normal part of living. One would have to Ascend the dense vibratory level of the ego and rise above its limited identification of self importance to join the ongoing Universal mind in action.

Beliefs are of the ego.
True Wisdom is of experience that is non-personal because it applies to everything that is both personal and non-personal.
What is Truth for one is Truth for all...

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!