Anyone reading the book, The Third Jesus, by Deepak Chopra?
BTW, DC was raised a Hindu, educated in Catholic schools. He developed a deep respect for all good religion.
----------------------------------------------------------
A MUST READ FOR THOSE WHO INTEND TO BE AT ONE WITH GOD AND BE EMPOWERED TO DO THAT WHICH IS GOOD--PHYSICALLY MENTALLY AND SPIRITUALLY.

In his Introduction, DC tells us that his book is about, "... what I think the New Testament actually means, astonishing things stated in plain words."

He begins his opening chapter, REDEEMING THE REDEEMER, with the short sentence, "Jesus is in trouble." And later he writes, "... a cloud of confusion hangs over the message of Jesus."

This has come about, he says, because there is more than one Jesus; there are three Jesuses. "One is historical" a rabbi (teacher) one, swept away by history, about whom we know next to nothing, especially what he did during the twenty years not mentioned in the Bible.

"Another is the one appropriated by Christianity" the one spoken of in any number of Christian churches, in many different ways; by Bible scholars and theologians.

He goes on,"The third Jesus, the one this book is about, is as yet so unknown that even the most devout Christians don't suspect that he exists. Yet he is the Christ we cannot--and must not--ignore". With emphasis, he writes: Jesus intended to save the world by showing others the path to God-consciousness.

He writes that this, not to diminish the first two Jesuses, but, rather, to bring them into sharper focus. DC points out that his goal is have a direct relationship with God, "that is personal and present", like Jesus had.

No matter where I pick up his book it is very gratifying to find myself saying saying to myself, over and over again: That makes sense to me, no matter what the issue. Here are some of the hot-button ones:
Nature, Society, Relationships, Psychology, Emotions, Behaviour, Biology, Metaphysics.

For me, what he writes about all these and other issues has about it the ring of truth. None of his, what one critic calls his, "provocative insights" provoke me. Obviously we are one the same path to enlightenment--GOD-consciousness

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/30/08 08:37 PM.