Oddly enough another space race has again been spurred up. The space race isn't the bad part and knowing that civilians are in this race doesn't scare me either. What scares me is that Space tourism has come before space frieghting.

True the only thing to frieght to is the ISS, but that doesn't seem like an exuse at all. I'm sure small companies would be willing to pay money and put their own satillites up. Build and they will come kinda deal. There's an unending list of the possiblities.

Here's my discussion topic:
If some magical happening or luck that I come into a vast amount of money or owned a multi-million dollar industry, I would create this enterprise, but I need some engineering help.

For far this is what I got:

Carrier:
1. A gutted out 747
The idea here is that if a 747 was modified so that the back part could carry a shuttle at a very high or reasonable altitude. The shuttle would then be dropped so that it could safely go under and out.

Of coarse a top wing version would have to be built to create a greater room for the hanger.

The gravity drop raises probablems with shuttle design essentials.

2.XB-70
This seems to be the most promising idea. The shuttle will rest on top the slightly modified XB-70 in a kind of pit. The XB-70 already has an enormous payload capacity and can reach Mach 3 at a higher altitude than the 747.

The upwards take off has some problems as well, like unwanted interaction between shuttle and carrier, but it let's the shuttle keep all needed features for into space and then gliding back down.

Shuttle
My idea of the shuttle would be something very similar to the modern space shuttle used by NASA. It will be modified to have a more streamline look to it because let's face it the modern one is kinda bulky looking. The cargo bay should stay the same size and it has a pretty effective glide, but i'm not to sure on its ability to fly.

Please feel free to say "Yes", "No", give your suggestions or even sketches. I've got an open mind and a vivid imagination.

I think therefore I'm MAN.