Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Question: How many SAGG members ARE community builders?

By communities do you mean castles of sand, beliefs and democratic morality?
Or do you mean God realized self aware, individuals who have not become dependent on others for their feelings of self worth, living the dream of unity with spirit and examples to all humanity?

I find that community is often defined within the boundaries of opinionated demographics, based on social beliefs and standards infused with double standards, or varying opinions and prejudice.
What one thinks is best another thinks is impertinent to ones own beliefs.
So communities are rallied around common perceptions of outward appearances, such as security or status, or visual appearance.
Being that opinion is tightly protected neighbors often will exchange verbal pleasantries and keep real feelings buried until they are in private.
With the evolution of Social mores in a constant state of flux, what is often emphasized is relative happiness even if it is a compromise to the true psychological and spiritual development of conscious awareness in the ability to realize God/Good in everything.

Jesus was a community builder and he labored to exemplify the True nature of love that destroys ignorance so that the many would not suffer at the hands of limitation, in personal delusions of opinion and belief and to realize the flow of creation in the Universe.

Matthew 10
34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

He came to build a community of spiritually infused human awareness rather than the temporary communities of opinion and changing belief.
He also knew the ego was stubborn and that the seeds he was planting would not change the world in the short time he spent on the Earth, visible and in body.
2000 years have passed and still humanity clings to illusions of fear and of separation from God in victim consciousness.

What you put your attention on grows.
If you seek to fix what you believe is wrong with the world, even with good intentions you become part of the problem.
The world cannot be healed from the level of thinking that makes it unhealthy.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!