Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Questions: What are labels? When are they useful? Not useful? Wrong? What do they have in common with names?
Labels followed by judgment perpetuate illusions created as reaction in the outward movement of the mind, the ego.
They are useful to the ego in keeping the world divided and separate. To the ego a name and a label are synonymous. It is a way of separating the outer world from the inner Self/God.

In the inward movement of the mind all becomes one. In the outward movement of the mind all is separated into the many, duality, good and evil.

Labels are attached to systems of personal measure, which is how opinion is used to identify how much God, good, evil, worth is in an item of perception.

Those of low self esteem use labels to measure themselves against others by giving worth to the labels of measure so they can protect what little worth they attach to themselves. The greater measure in the labels one can attach to themselves the greater is the worth. Identification with moments in time, accomplishments attached to circumstance...the ego looks at itself and others in parts rather as One entity moved by One consciousness, and it names or labels these parts to reinforce ones own status and the status of those things that are separate from ones self/ego.
It is an unconscious act of the outward movement of the mind.

1 Cor 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!