Originally Posted By: Revlgking
BTW, since I do not find it all that easy get the drift of what you are trying to say, would it be too much to ask TT: Would you give me some of the names of the books, writers and authorities that you respect and think of as your mentors?

I experience the Christ/Consciousness as my mentor and Teacher in body and in Spirit. In other words I had a physical Teacher who led me to discover the same voice that spoke thru him that speaks in me. The "I and my Father are One" kinda thing...

All Books are subject to comprehension.
But I could list a few examples of conscious works.

"The life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" By Baird Spalding.
"The Door of Everything" By Ruby Nelson
"Ascension" by MSI
Swami Venkatesananda's "Vasishtas Yoga" A text to bring one into Unified Consciousness once one has a stabilized experience of the Absolute.
"The principle Upanishads" by Sri Radhakrishnanan
"The Upanishads" by Sri Aurobindo
"A course in Miracles."
"The Bible" Only if you have a clear experience of Unity Consciousness otherwise the meanings are distorted.
"Patanjali's Yoga Sutras" A New Translation and commentary by MSI
"The Bhagavad Gita" A New Translation and commentary By Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
"God Talks with Arjuna" The Bhagavad Gita by Paramahansa Yogananda
"THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST THE RESURRECTION OF THE CHRIST WITHIN YOU" by Paramahansa Yogananda A commentary to the scripture of the Bible and Teachings of Jesus
"Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda
"The Holy Science" by Swami Sri Yukteswar
"The Aquarian Age Gospel of Jesus," the Christ of the Piscean Age
Transcribed by Levi H. Dowling

To name just a few...

Again a reminder, Literature written by Sages is pretty much useless without awareness of the absolute, for they have little or no meaning to the ego.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!