I don't think there is a God except in human imagination, but I could be wrong. I rather doubt that, though, since thinking about the idea of God leads me to think that if such a Being really existed, His presence would be inescapably and blindingly obvious (unless He is going to considerable trouble to conceal His presence, and why would He do that?). That God's presence is not easily determined is what is obvious. It takes real work and a lot of faith to believe in God (and, I think, a huge dose of childhood indoctrination, since few who have not been indoctrinated ever come to believe in Him).

The human thought process does not use words and its associated definition structures. If you think about this you can see that this is so--when you talk you do not form the words you use until you say them. You do not think them first and then say them--you say them automatically, even though your thoughts may be elsewhere.

This even applies when we speak a language we have learned in adulthood. Sometimes I have to stop and ponder what the English may be for something, but not because I haven't been functioning in English, but because a vocabulary lesson has slipped out of the range of immediate mental access. The same thing happens even in our native tongue.