Originally Posted By: Ellis
TT wrote:

"When you think about the bombing of Dresden and the suffering people of the city, for those that weren't old enough to have been alive during the time it is only a story in the history of a country that either you have familiarity with or not. A story in the History books."

Here we will have to agree to disagree. I do not think that there should ever come a time when we can detach ourselves from events like the Dresden bombings to the extent that we can say it is only history.

Whether you agree with the statement or not is a moot point. How you feel about it will not change the way others feel about it, nor will it ever dictate the way people will choose to feel about such things whether immersed in the actual experience, or hearing of it as it is passed on from generation to generation by the emotionally distressed individual or the unemotional context of a history book.
To this day, some believe the Holocaust of the Nazi extermination camps never really happened, and there is nothing that will convince them no matter how emotional or determined one might choose to be. So whether you agree or disagree that this is happening doesn't change the fact that it does.
It is unfortunate that these things often repeat themselves for the very reason that people do not understand the consequences of their own choices.
When we are unable to understand how deep choice resonates within the cause and effect of creation we are likely to repeat the offense until we awaken to reality.

We need to understand the dual nature of all acts. Nothing is purely good, nothing is purely evil. It depends on the way it is interpreted. Deliberate acts of cruelty can, and are, still defended as necessary for the greatest good.

The ability to understand the complete nature of any experience or manifestation within creation requires the greatest objectivity. Any defense is going to be subject to what one hears or is able to hear.
Sometimes the energy to move forward is created by drawing the self backward to build a momentum to clear obstacles that create confusion. Like drawing an arrow backward before it can be propelled forward, our history is testimony to decisions made with consequence. Humanity is filled with differing levels of comprehension and as some graduate into greater awareness others are just coming to the classroom, and for those it may be necessary to whip out those lessons that create the greatest impetus to move forward.
It might be interesting to note the things that have been discovered within humanity in that last 2000 years. Sciences have made great advances toward the appreciation and understanding of the mechanics of the universe, but man still struggles with its place within it all.

Now man can destroy itself on a global scale. If it does, it may just recreate itself in another billion years or so. It wouldn't be the first time its happened on this planet, or any other inhabited by human life forms.
Whatever it takes for the evolving soul, the nature of the universe is always pliable enough to accommodate.

TT-It's this duality that is the problem, and I personally don't feel that an 'enlightened perspective' of the problem comes within a bull's roar of suggesting a solution.

More often than not, from the "enlightened perspective" there is no problem, only opportunity.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!