Originally Posted By: Ellis

How do you deal with this paradox TT? I suspect you will say that it is a reflection of the ego not the absolute. But would not the absolute have to include all the contradictions? Are they not part of the true reality?

Not as they appear to the individual and the attachment to values.
If you can remain objective enough to experience the multidimensional aspects of reality you can witness the possibility in action as being something or nothing at all.
It all depends on how invested you are in the activity.

If you have kids and have watched them get upset over something you thought wasn't worth getting upset over, you might have (from your objective point of detachment) offered your point of view so as to turn the childs mind toward something completely different than the anxiety, fear, or emotional investment he/she had in whatever was happening that drew their attention toward the emotional experience.
We've all experienced events in which a person, perhaps a friend or relative suffered as it seemed a very contrasting experience where they were extremely upset, and because we were not so invested in the experience only imagined how they were suffering in their emotional distress.
Logically we can come to the conclusion that since not everyone feels the same about something it is not the thing,(the experience or event) that creates the suffering but the personal association to it.
When you think about the bombing of Dresden and the suffering people of the city, for those that weren't old enough to have been alive during the time it is only a story in the history of a country that either you have familiarity with or not. A story in the History books.
But for the survivors of the bombing, those that had a direct experience it may be a strong imprint in the memory. Perhaps they still suffer with the memory, perhaps they have let it go and are no longer afflicted with the thought.

Perspective comes from the point of reference of the observer.
In expanded states of consciousness it is possible to witness not only the observer but the experience within ones self. There is the observer, the one experiencing and the object of perception.
We experience the experience of past as thought and the idea of the future as thought. What we do not always recognize in the present moment is the activity and experience is thought as well.
Especially if we are invested in it, or it is owned by the ego.

It's one thing to feel and another to become the feelings. By becoming the feelings we lose perspective or objectivity of the observer, the experiencer and the experienced.

By reacting to experience and becoming immersed in feelings we often do not see the entire experience for what it is and place unnecessary judgment upon it.
Good and bad then becomes relative to emotional attachment and without objectivity we do not always see the outcome or corresponding possibility of good that comes out of what we experience as bad. We only get lost in the judgment.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!