Originally Posted By: KarmaMagnet
I know, and agree; although I am not a Christian- not that that is relevant anyway, but like the O.P., I'm curious as to what, if anything we can "do about it".
Heal yourself and you heal the world.
Everyone has the Christ within, Christianity as it appears in religious boundaries is belief. Who we are is not limited by belief, but rather it is belief that limits who we are and constrains the unlimited.
All of what we see is a reflection of what we hold within ourselves as relative truth. Like a mirror, if it is not clear there is no clear reflection. If you wipe the mirror clear of belief what is seen is the underlying nature of the Self.

You don't clear the mirror by trying to alter the reflection, but by clearing the illusions that create the reflection of evil.

There is nothing to do, but to clear the mind of the illusions of evil in the first place, and let the light of True reality come forth from within.

What we do about "it" in other words is nothing. What we do is the cause of "it". What we "do not", to not create "it" is come from Christed consciousness.
(Jn 10:30 "I and my Father are one.")
It is the ego that does. It is the Christ or Higher Self that does not, and by its nature absorbs and exudes all that was, is and ever will be.

Jn 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

That is the nature of the Absolute. That is the nature of humanity as a reflection of the absolute.
Humanity as a reflection of ego is a misperception of the reflection of humanity and is evil in a nutshell.
We see what we want to see not necessarily what we can see.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!