Ellis, Coberst, in BrainMeta, speaks of the value of the ego as he quotes another writer, Becker
Quote:
The ego makes morality possible. I guess that the ego makes both good and evil possible and it is within the reach of most of us to make the better choice. ... It is the device that other animal do not have and thus they instinctively respond immediately to the world.
I responded: Makes sense to me, Coberst. Thanks!

I warned Coberst to be prepared for the one who thinks he is God's press agent and spinner (Jo &/or TT), to declare us and Ernest Becker to be all wrong.

BTW, Jo &/or TT: Is this the ego-like role you seem to enjoy playing? I have the awareness that my ego is experiencing Jo/TT's comments as coming from so kind of sociopath, who thinks that his opinion in the only Tolle-like and god-like opinion.

If I am wrong, I am always open to be corrected.

I told Coberst that I agreed with him when he seemed to be saying that animals have no idea of what it means to morally good, or evil. They seem to have no concept of what it means "to sin"...they just react, naturally, to their experiences. ... this same kind of behaviour is also true for a some so-called human beings--those who who we call psychopaths and/or sociopaths (animal-like and inhumane beings).

ECKHART TOLLE--GOD-LIKE AND INFALLIBLE? I DO NOT THINK SO. NOR DOES HE EVER CLAIM IT. NOR SHOULD ANYONE MAKE THIS CLAIM
Furthermore, nowhere do I read that ET tells us that he alone has a hot line to any kind of a god and, therefore, that he alone is infallible, or even original. I respect him for his skill as a communicator. Just listening to him and watching him communicate is the best lesson as to HOW to be aware of the NOW.

Keep in mind that, it was two thousand years ago, that the apostle Paul told the readers of his letters to, "pray--that is, connect with, or tune into, all wisdom and power--without ceasing." The semitic languages have no future tense. They affirmed the divine presence in the NOW, not in some distant place in the future. When Jesus "prayed" "Thy kingdom come..." He affirmed it as in the process of coming, NOW--a message I preached often in sermons on the topic.

I respect ET, NOT for his infallibility, or originality, but for reminding us of how the original message of Jesus and others has been so distorted, by all organized religions, in its transmission.

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/18/08 02:08 PM.