Quote: Here, in summary, is what I hear him say: KNOWING HOW TO BE PRESENT IN THE NOW WILL DELIVER US FROM the EVIL of SUFFERING.

Hello again Revlking. What a joy to have this exchange with you. I, like you, am seeking internal truth daily. We are connected. I gave my “Power of Now” to a friend so I can’t reference the text you mentioned, but I will do my best to share my understanding of the NOW.

The value of the NOW is that it is the only thing we are in control of. We avoid it constantly with reflections and projections. To sit in the NOW implores a level of responsibility (literally the ability to respond), we are not all together comfortable with. In the NOW pain and suffering manifests along with the opportunity to be released from them. Pain and suffering in the absolute NOW is in the mind, and that is what the NOW delivers us to. Our mind, which is the root of all creation and/or mis-creation. It is the Alpha and the Omega.

To justify suffering as a spiritual path is only to say we are temporarily embracing the path away from spirit as a level of learning. So it is valuable only to the extent it is a path that will eventually be relinquished as useless. Albeit, we spend most of our time learning where spirit “isn’t”, deep down hoping it will save us from where it is…

it is in the NOW.

Back to the system that produces the stress and discomfort. In my work I refer to a Toggle as a means to shift perception. The first step to produce this shift is to pay attention to the pain and/or suffering in the NOW. As we focus on this moment we are primarily experiencing our mis-creation in the form of pain, tension or stress. The system generating these experiences of discomfort is the focus of my work. I refer to it as an energy field. Naming it helps to demystify it and we can more easily shift our attention to the actual experience of discomfort.

Spiritually speaking, the discomfort is the mis-creation itself, although the ego will tell you it is caused by circumstances outside us.
The energy field actually producing the discomfort actually has two functions. One is spiritual and the other is ego. Our choices, past and present, have determined which position the energy or emotions will take.

Love is the fuel which raises consciousness and unites us with creation while fear lowers consciousness and isolates us from each other.

Both experiences activate the intellectual responses of either gaining “insights and understanding” through love or building walls of “defense and justification” through fear.

The positive manifestation of the system is the experience of emotions like love, curiosity, delight, satisfaction, appreciation, contentment etc along with spiritual insight and spiritual power, while the negative expression produces emotions of fear, anger, depression, despair, irritability, physical tension and pain.

At the moment one puts their attention on the experience they access the opportunity for change, and it all happens in the NOW. Here, at this very moment, is where many new techniques are being developed to facilitate a shift from suffering and spiritual correction we call healing.

Obviously, I could go on, but I hate to over talk my welcome.

Toggleit