Luke 22:27
"For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves."

Now let's look at the paragraph in which it is used so as not to personalize it like a religious sermon with an egoic agenda.

Who Is Greatest
24And there arose also a dispute among them as to which one of them was regarded to be greatest.

25And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who have authority over them are called 'Benefactors.'

26"But it is not this way with you, but the one who is the greatest among you must become like the youngest, and the leader like the servant.

27"For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But )I am among you as the one who serves.

28"You are those who have stood by Me in My trials;

29and just as My Father has granted Me a kingdom, I grant you

30that you may eat and drink at My table in My (kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Quote:
Luke 22:27
"For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves."

During the "Last Supper" Jesus' disciples began to argue as to who would be taking over as head of the group. Jesus had told them that he would be leaving them but they had not yet grasped the full picture of how that was to unfold. They thought only that he was to go somewhere else to minister and to leave them behind with his teaching, but they had no idea about Judas and his having turned the location of Jesus over to the Pharisees, nor their command and decree that he be put to death because he was a threat to their opulent egoic title and power.

While they were arguing over who would be left in charge. Jesus told them in order to be a great teacher they would have to be different than the kings of the gentiles who seek to rule the people and the earth, or even the spiritually unconscious authorities of God and spirituality such as the Pharisees who might unjustly hold the title of benefactor or representative of God.
He said to his disciples that they serve differently than those who think they rule over people and their spirit, or represent the spirit of God without the experience of God.
The greatest must become like the youngest (innocent), without preconceived ideas about how one serves in the capacity of God. This is the only way one can live in surrender and service.

"For who is greater, one who reclines at the Table of God in full human consciousness or one who is serving mankind working towards liberation from the trials and tribulations of evolution that is of lesser choices made from illusions of the ego?
Is it not better to sit in Full Human Consciousness at the Table of God? Yet here I am sitting here with you who are in service to humanity burning the last of your Karma which keeps you bound to the physical realities of man and duality."

The subtle message to the disciples is that he was sent (Incarnated) not by karma of ego, but of surrender and service to the will of God (the natural direction of spiritual evolution that is inherent in all paths that circle or unknowingly are created to move away from knowledge of spirit by unconscious choice of the ego) or the continuous expansion of consciousness and spirit which is Love.

He was also saying that while they argue over who was greater and how one serves as a Guru (destroyer of ignorance), or leader of people seeking to rise above the ego, is to serve in the same capacity that he did by becoming United in Universal Consciousness that is the Atonement, or Christed Consciousness.

To live perfectly in the Now the world of the ego must die within them, not linger and pollute the mind with the attachment to position and title or the identification of any other human limitation which creates suffering.

It's still not out of your reach, to dissolve the illusions of those past tendencies so you don't have to continue playing them out Rev.

That'd be part and parcel to the theme of Jesus' teaching. Rather than singing a song of change, one actually has to do it.
Then, one might be of service to others, in whatever capacity is necessary.
That capacity cannot be known if the ego prevents one from uniting with the consciousness of another so as to help one circumvent the illusions of past Karma.
An unconscious person cannot separate the beliefs of one from another, they all become intertwined in the confusion of egoic identification of mortality as fear and limitation.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!