Originally Posted By: Revlgking
TT writes
Quote:
Just a thought....but have you thought about actually surrendering yourself and your ego to someone like Tolle, and becoming a student to the Teacher, to master the difference between the self appointed guru within yourself and the True Guru in Him?...
TT, so what does that mean? Neither have did I ever go forward in a Billy Graham campaign and been "saved".

It means to meet the Teacher in ET personally, to expose (if any) supposition or self interpretation of his writings, so as to gain the experience of the Teacher rather than to believe you have an experience of the Teacher and the Teaching.
Quote:
After all those years spent with religion it might be something new to chew on, meeting someone who impresses you with a greater truth than you have immersed yourself in the past.
How much do you know of my past? Tolle is not the first to make me aware of the need for the "transformation of human consciousness".

Long before Tolle there was a man name Jesus who called us to be born again--to consciousness. Over the years teachers--like several I had in my teens at university--writers like William James, Carl Jung, H.E. Fosdick, Leslie D. Weatherhead, Abraham Maslow, Victor Frankl, Alfred North Whitehead, Milton Erickson--the great psychiatrist and hypnotist--Matthew Fox and a host of others added their voices to the chorus.

I respect Tolle because, like Jesus (John 17:20-24), he does not come on as a master looking for subjects but as another voice in the chorus.

So you believe in a chorus that sings of change but does not live it or teach it to others. Alrighty then....

Having been long aware of the need in transformation of human consciousness, how would you apply that to yourself and how you would help another, if it were not to included being guided by someone who has the knowledge and experience of getting the job done?

Do you suppose to "figure it out" from not knowing what the change is or what it looks like and then speaking of that process with others in order to democratically appeal to some kind of solution? Or do you presuppose that change needs to made to the effect of what everyone already knows but just don't make it so because of some kind of condition, such as complacency or disinterest in change?

Also do you believe Jesus was crucified for just singing with the Chorus?

BTW, you write about"...the self appointed guru within yourself." When you write "yourself" Are you referring to me? Me? I am just another voice in the chorus.

BTW, please note: Please point out anywhere I called you "a self-appointed guru." If you can, I will apologize.

I was referring to your statement...
BEWARE OF SELF-APPOINTED GURUS, INCLUDING ME
...where you called yourself a "SELF APPOINTED GURU."
Such a label when applied to ones self or any other would could be psychologically revealing and on a more grounded level tantamount to any actual knowledge of being a Guru or the projected idea of one.
Are you an expert on Guru's? Have you met one either self appointed or otherwise? (Setting aside the frivolous application you used toward yourself)

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!