Originally Posted By: Revlgking
First, how do you surrender to 'God'?

The same way as anyone who has surrendered themselves to God. It is the same for anyone as it was for Jesus or any other spiritual master.
It is not a great feat or effort, in fact it is the simplest thing you could do. It takes far more energy to maintain the illusions of life and the ego than it does to settle into the present moment and be One with God.

Second, how do you experience 'God'?

As a reflection within all things and as no thing at all.
You could say I experience myself as a reflection of God in thought and activity, and I experience myself in everything and everyone.

And, third, in what sense is 'God' male, female, or any kind of objective being?

God is neither male or female, and It is not an objective being.
It is beyond all objectivity created within the relative, but not limited by Self reflection and Self awareness.

This just came to me: If there was only one Jesus of Nazareth it is obvious that he was not overly concerned about catering to his ego-mind (psyche). Otherwise he would have left us a definite record--an auto-bio about who he was and what was going on in his life and time. As I said (revised) in the old thread:

I guess this would change your past identification with Jesus as calling himself a "Jew" or being a "Jew," since he was not concerned with labeling himself or defining himself by any title other than that which would be the same for everyone else. "Son of God" an incarnation or reflection of spirit and cousin to the ego even tho deluded and separated by illusion and belief as it was.

His legacy was the result of his being who he was and thru the examples of his total surrender to each moment and situation as he met it.
Sometimes he was gentle and loving, and other times he was loving and cut the head off of the ego. Whatever served to open the eyes of the soul that was ready to evolve he was willing to do. As he said to his disciples, Jn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."
and in Luke
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

The latter was the sword he used to separate ego from the Self so that the attachment of Father and son, mother and daughter in relationship that was of ego could be broken, to reveal a greater relationship of ones own Self.
He epitomized the Golden rule which can only be acted upon in total surrender, not from the ego and the intellect in boundaries that are the attachment to ideas of suffering and illusion.

The ego steps into the hole of the suffering friend and sympathizes with the illusion creating two people suffering from the same illusion. The enlightened offer a hand from the outside of the hole to help separate the ego from the suffering soul, and by example offer the greater reality of the Self or of the Spirit.

The golden rule of the ego respects the others illusion and will offer fuel to the fire of suffering if it believes that is what the ego wants.
The enlightened know suffering is an illusion and what the ego wants is temporary at best, a distraction from the underlying beliefs that it will eventually return itself to once the distraction fades from the present experience.
So humanity in its best idea of selfless service is to give what it believes is real even tho the giver believes in suffering as a reality and a truth of relative creation.
Fear as an underlying truth to keep within the boundaries of all thought and experience is not something one should give to others but it is fear that one offers in consoling one in their illusions by helping to fortify its reality and a distraction from it.
This type of rule is not golden nor is it real. Only one who is free of illusion and ego can give something of value to another.
Otherwise the giver is dis-eased and can only offer their illusions as a bandaid to apply to another's illusions.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!